Personal blog of author and artist Lynn Daniels.
 

Saturday, November 16, 2013

Post Round-Up 1

0 comments

Nobody ever said that I was good with coming up with titles. This is especially true when it comes to posts. However since I've at least decided not to let my miscues in creative title-making stop from making this post I should at least tell you what this post is about.

Simply put this is just a tiny roundup on things that I have been doing recently. Since this is the first one I will see how it goes and hopefully begin to incorporate this more in the future. I am also mulling over the idea of finally getting a social media account but to be honest I am not a fan of social media and I don't know which one is the right one for me, but an idea is just an idea and I am still in the idea phase with that.

So the first thing is that I have finally decided to fill out my interview at Smashwords. It is quite short. With questions I'm either going to give you an essay or a couple of sentences. There is no middle ground with me on that issue. In this case I chose the latter.

Read my Smashwords interview here

After that there is my Bubblews account. I have not posted very often over the last couple of weeks. The glitches and downtime have slowed things down considerably for me but I do have a few more fractals there and a couple of written posts

Lost in Pretty Colors and Thoughts (Fractal)

Spent Too Much Time Making Fractals (Fractal)

Teenagers (Short article)

Is It Really That Easy to be Yourself (Short article)

There is of course my Zazzle store and I have just added a new design and over 100 new products which should be available for sale within the next couple of days so check that out.

Visit the MindsofLDaniels Zazzle store

And last but not least there is my Tumblr page. Yes I have been using it to shamelessly promote my books, this blog and my Zazzle store. I am not great at promotion I know but you have to start somewhere. However I have also been posting my fractals there. Funny how I have gotten miles better in a matter of 2 months. I loved my early fractals when I posted them but now they appear so simplistic. By the way I refuse to beg for likes, reblogs and follows. It is a pet peeve of mine to ask people to like my stuff.

Visit my Tumblr page here

So if you've gotten to the end of this post then congratulations. I wish I could offer you a prize but I don't have anything to offer. I'm just a girl of simple means here. If you haven't picked up on it by now then I'll tell you. I am just a person who happens to write and do art. Ideally I'd like to make a career out of what I'm doing but I'm merely a beginner. I am not a guru, I don't claim to know all of the answers and I won't brag about making tons and tons of money online. That's not me and I'm not like that. I'm just someone who is trying to break out of my shyness a little bit every day by trying to present my work to the world. If you decide to support me then that's great and I thank you. If not well there are thousands of other people out here doing the same things as I am. Many are a lot glossier and experienced than I am and I'd urge you to keep searching for what you are looking for. For now I'll just end this post because as you can see I also tend to have a habit of rambling and I am also trying to work on that.

0 comments :

Post a Comment